Join or Login

Forums  ›  Asphalt Pavers  ›  Intelligent paving solutions discussions

Pave-IR GPS coordinate issue

Hello all. We are experiencing an issue where the GPS coordinates of a project are not being passed to the eroutes system and the location pin will not show up on the eroutes map. I am attaching an excel file (with customer data removed) where you will see that every thermal point in the file has corresponding location data, yet this pin did not end up on the eroutes map.

We have had some other complaints about this and a customer has placed a complaint with their local DOT, so any help resolving the issue will be appreciated.

An added note is that this particular system was one that had recently received an upgrade to the cellular hardware and I am told by the customer that they had not had issues like this previously.

I can supply a .paveproj file if needed but excluded it for privacy reasons here.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the answer from our software development team to the GPS coordinates question of not having a populated pin on the eRoutes map when the file itself contains coordinates on the thermal rows.

"The coordinate used to place the pin on the eRoutes map is transmitted at the project start.

This coordinate is invalid if the GPS antenna has no fix at the project start."

In my experience it takes a few minutes for the GNSS antenna to obtain a good fix which is indicated by 3 lighted LEDs on the antenna itself. Red then Yellow then Green.

Also on the operand (upper right of the screen) next to the satellite dish symbol is a fix indicator dot that will also go from red to yellow then green when a good fix is established. Attached are 3 photos showing the on screen fix indicator.

I also understand there are days when things are moving very quickly on the project and one does not always have the luxury of waiting for the GPS fix to start a project.

For this reason, the decision has been made to wait to send the data with the location pin until a GPS fix has been established.

This change will be made to the next revision of PaveApp software.

1 red.JPG21.3K8 views
2 yellow.JPG22K4 views
3 green.JPG22.4K4 views
Paul Angerhofer