The keywords cloud connection or cloud connectivity are well known, everyone is talking about them. In the future, more and more MOBA systems will have a cloud connection, probably all in the medium term. Via the MOBA Cloud, users have a web-based access to their machines and vehicles, with a central data management and access to configuration and protocols.
In certain market segments, almost all systems (sensors, machines, vehicles) have a cloud connection, or this is already inherent in the system. The technical preconditions and structures for the cloud connection have been in place for a long time. They can be used and adapted for further or future systems.
A possible cloud connection should already be considered during the product development process. For this purpose, many questions have to be asked and agreements have to be made, during the specification.
By including all relevant questions in the draft of the requirements specification, it should be ensured, that all relevant points for specification and handling of the cloud connection are clarified.
Corresponding tasks in the project plan ensures the complete and exact implementation.
In addition, a now available guide assists the realization of development projects with cloud connection. It explains individual aspects of this topic and lists the existing documentation for the MOBA cloud connection. A glossary explains the many technical terms relating to the subject. Further sections describe the requirements for cloud server, cloud gateways, communications security, SIM integration up to the organization of a customer project.
Main content of the guide for the MOBA cloud connection:
- Common questions and tasks about cloud connection are listed in a general section.
- A definition of the cloud connection for the system or the component. For example, the selection of certain components is important for the later implementation of some requirements.
- Lists questions and tasks related to server requirements.
- Definitions for IT-infrastructure, hosting, security, management.
- Lists questions and tasks for installing a cloud project.
- Definitions for the specific application, for customer, partners involved, users. In addition, definitions for web interfaces, service interfaces and so on.
- Checklists help with the implementation.
- Defines the specific requirements for cloud gateway or other system components regarding to the cloud connection.
- Cloud gateways could be:
- MOBA Cloud Gateway WiFi - as a SIM-free solution
- MOBA Cloud Gateway cellular network - SIM card
- MOBA Cloud Gateway cellular network - integrated SIM chip
- This section lists all points for the communications security.
SIM (Subscriber Identity Module):
- The requirements for the SIM are listed here.
- Management for all SIM related data
By integrating the handling of the cloud connection into the development process, a structured and uniform implementation of the requirements are guaranteed.