Join or Login

Forums  ›  Bulldozers  ›  2D / 3D Grade & Slope control solutions for Bulldozers

Side shift function

Hi all,

I have a customer which would like to follow a Kerb for an automated side-shift function of a machine, I originally tried the GS506 system as in the manual it mentions following a kerb for this function is possible (of coarse the system performs very well with a string) however in this application a string can not be installed rather its a defined edge (a kerb)

So i ask does any one have experience with this and can suggest a product, another thought was to use the GS176 but this introduces other issues regarding mechanical setup and is not piratical. And i am not sure if it will work.

Due to the application the kerb can only be viewed from the top

I await some answers

20150803_161129.jpg

Hi all,

I have a customer which would like to follow a Kerb for an automated side-shift function of a machine, I originally tried the GS506 system as in the manual it mentions following a kerb for this function is possible (of coarse the system performs very well with a string) however in this application a string can not be installed rather its a defined edge (a kerb)

So i ask does any one have experience with this and can suggest a product, another thought was to use the GS176 but this introduces other issues regarding mechanical setup and is not piratical. And i am not sure if it will work.

Due to the application the kerb can only be viewed from the top

I await some answers