Join or Login
Post view

Which Waste companies are using or considering your equipment to provide PAYT (Pas As You Throw) or GBTP (Garbage By The Pound) residential curbside waste and recycling?

Which Waste companies are using or considering your equipment to provide PAYT (Pas As You Throw) or GBTP (Garbage By The Pound) residential curbside waste and recycling collection?

klmantey 07.12.2015 5 1785
Comments
Order by: 
Per page:
 
  •  gsalemme: 
     
    This is a very good news for our MOBA brand, and a further opportunity to grow in an emerging market, which will have a light future, for this kind of business.
     
     07.12.2015 
    0 points
     
  •  sunyuyuan: 
     
    I am glad to add ---- Hongkong, as a new joint city which is using moba RFID system in this year, we will kick-off the project in March 2015. So Hongkong is a pilot city working with moba RFID system on their pilot project in China. The fact pictures the trend of Chinese market. We will bring more news along with the project going.
     
     07.12.2015 
    0 points
     
  •  jutta: 
     
    MOBA is implementing RFID systems since 1992 with its first project in Germany. Today, we have done several hundred projects in Europe with heavy focus on Germany, Spain, Italy, UK and France. Projects range from small, mid- to big with cities like Barcelona, Paris, Venice, Dresden, Karlsruhe. Waste companies MOBA worked with over the years are RWE, Remondis, Veolia, Sita, Alba to just name a few. In the US we are now starting with RFID waste identification systems. For further information, please feel free to contact Christoph Podes at c.podes@moba.deMOBA is implementing RFID systems since 1992 with its first project in Germany. Today, we have done several hundred projects in Europe with heavy focus on Germany, Spain, Italy, UK and France. Projects range from small, mid- to big with cities like Barcelona, Paris, Venice, Dresden, Karlsruhe. Waste companies MOBA worked with over the years are RWE, Remondis, Veolia, Sita, Alba to just name a few. In the US we are now starting with RFID waste identification systems. For further information, please feel free to contact Christoph Podes at c.podes@moba.de
     
     07.12.2015 
    0 points
     
  •  ronald: 
     
    Even municipalities "only" considering to implement a PAYT system equip new waste containers with RFID. These factory installation of the RFID tag is cheaper than a later retrofit on job-site. The introduction of such PAYT "municipal" systems is driven by the municipality itsself - they want to reduce the costs and increase the earnings
    Projects with "commercial waste" are driven by the waste disposal companies. Large (and small) waste disposal companies equip the containers with RFID tags. The contract with the clients will changed from "list of paper with original signature" into "electronic data set with RFID data, date, time and GPS stamp". Some waste disposal companies are able to carry ~ 30% more orders a day. A combination with a mobile scale is also worth to think about. Either "only" to re-calculate the contract with the client or to give the client also an invoice based on real weight. And if you combine the system with our truck navigation system OPERAND and MAPTRIP navigation then you will find the optimal route and save fuel additionally. So the introduction of such "commercial" systems are driven by optimization, cost savings, differentiation from the competitors and to give the clients the feeling of fairness.
     
     07.12.2015 
    0 points
     
  •  ronald: 
     
    The equipment of waste containers with RFID is in the meantime state-of-the-art in Germany and slowly in Europe. First we have to distinguish between "municipal household waste" and "commercial waste".
    In Germany about 60% of all municipal household waste containers are now equipped with RFID, in the other countries increases just the acceptance and the advantages of the system are detected. The market penetration is something between 5% and 20%. In general about 90% only work with RFID and the other 10% work with RFID and weighing. The projects with RFID and weighing are all charged according to the weight. The projects "only" with RFID were charged about 90% according to PAYT. The other 10% use the system to prevent emptying of unpaid containers with black and/or white lists. The ROI of such a "municipal household RFID system" is between 1 and 4 years based on savings and increasing of turnover. (Each former "black bin" becomes to a new "white bin").
     
     07.12.2015 
    0 points
     
Post info
07.12.2015 (2140 days ago)
Rate
0 votes
Actions
Recommend
Categories
Best Practices (1 posts)